Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1971 MK1 3+2 CHOPPER HORIZON BLUE

brought the 1971 3+2 mk1 chopper out of storage, cleaned and polished, Install correct sturmey archer 
dyno lights purchased nos. 

thanks for looking








This is my 1971 raleigh chopper 3+2 that I purchased off ebay as a basket case. the rear sturmey archer S5 hub is dated 11 71 and the front dyno hub is dated 10 71. This is a late 71 or  early 72 mk1. It has mk2 non-adjustable handlebars, mk2 frame dropout , no seat springs (69 style). The original console was busted but I was lucky to find a nos one w/correct 71 foil. The paint was ruff but the bike was complete. I have only seen 2 of this year chopper. Seat was original and in  great shape,

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it would have to be a lot for me to part with it
      I have a lot of work and cash in it

      Delete
  2. Hi Steve!

    hat is a great bike! Am I right in thinking Horizon Blue was the rarest colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its pretty rare, seems yellow,orange, black most popular

      Delete
  3. I have that exact bike but in orange that I got in 1971 and it is all original even has the slick tire on the back and the dyno front hub also . Bike is still just like it came from the bike shop. Mine needs to be restored but I think it is in excellent shape for its age and can still pull it out of the shed and ride it

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!!!
    I have seen one in orange, can you send pics? would love to see?

    ReplyDelete